Friday, June 26, 2009

Home sweet Home!!

We are home and still not all the way on home time!!! Last night we went to bed at 10:30 and I woke up at 3:00 and laid in bed until 4:00 when Darci woke up, I gave her a bottle and she stayed awake until about 6:00 am when we both went back to bed and slept until 9:15. She stayed up most of the day with a very short nap this afternoon on the way to daddy's allergy shot appointment. About 8:00 pm she got fussy so we gave her a bath and tried to hold out as long as we could, she finally crashed around 8:30. We started for bed about 10:00 and she woke up so I gave her another bottle but she didn't take very much of that. She is asleep on the couch next to me. I am waiting until she is good and out before I transfer her to the bed next to me. It seems moving her there wakes her if she is not totally out. Other than the sleep issues things have been going great!!! She is adjusting beautifully and I could not ask for things to go any better!!! She is attaching to both Brian and I and is doing well with her big sister out of the picture. She does whine and fuss a tad when Amanda first walks into the room but it is much less now than when we were in China so I know that she is doing well with me. All of her bottles come from me, except for the one bottle daddy fed her when we arrived at the airport. Don't have any pics since I have been out of it. I got sick on the plane ride home and am still not back 100%. I think it was a combination of being dehydrated while in China, MSG in Chinese food, different diet, being constantly busy, and then the hectic schedule of the Oath Swearing at the Consulate, rushed off to the train station, carrying all of our bags up 2 flights of escalators, down 1 flight to the train, off the train up another set of escalators, across the street, up an elevator, up a ramp into the mall and over into the hotel for 5 hours of sleep!! Up at 4:00 to shower and get dressed, have bags ready for pick up by 5:30 am and down to check out by 5:45 to leave for the airport. WOW that will make one ill and it did make me ill!! My arms have lost all strength and I am slowly working my way back to having some strength, I think I just completely DRAINED myself!!! Off to bed!! Hopefully for a full nights sleep!!!

9 comments:

mumma to many said...

Glad you are home and starting on a routine!
Life will be a bit of a blur for the next few weeks.
Hugs Ruth in NZ

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home. I hope you get some rest. Can't wait to see pics, but enjoy this time and don't worry about blogging!

K2L said...

Welcome home! I remember those first few days at home :) Before long everyone will settle into a better routine and everyone will sleep better!

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Welcome home! I loved following your journey while you were in China. I hope I can meet Darci soon!

Susan Appleton said...

How wonderful to read that you are safe and sound at home and adjusting well! I wondered what happened on your babyjellybeans site when you didn't update anything! I loved following your journey! Darci is a precious doll!!!! We are hoping for a referral maybe by September and travel before Christmas! We just can't imagine ANOTHER Christmas without our baby! Glad you're feeling better too! WOW you really wore yourself down the last day or so! Be careful! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Okay gril!! I'm dying to see some pics and see how everyone is doing. Were praying for your gang daily. Have a great 4th of July. SAL

Shannon Stone said...

Debbie, so glad to know you are home and getting into the groove of life at home! I'd still love to meet you sometime for lunch or something. If we do an early evening we can bring our husbands too and meet each others daughters. I was out of town when you came back home otherwise I would have tried to be at the airport. Let me know when you are up to getting together.

Take care! Shannon, Damon and Sophie

coco said...

I enjoyed following your journey while you were in China. Try and get some rest. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Colette